Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A long overdue update

Okay so I know this is my blog and I can post whenever I want, but I feel I have let the few of you who do read my blog down by not posting anything for an entire month. So I do feel an apology is in order [SORRY]. With that said, I am warning you I can not guarantee it will not happen again. :o)

Seriously, I am not sure what happened to me in the month of November....maybe it was the sick children with the weekly trips to the doctors and month long antibiotics. I think Brynn has been on every antibiotic available in the last three months since she has started school, but this last month was the worst with a double sinus infection which involved x-rays, three weeks of antibiotic, a decongestant, nose spray, allergy medication and a scheduled appointment to an allergist (to be continued....). We had three brief days of no antibiotic and we were back in the doctors office, this time with an UTI....ouch. Out of everything the UTI was by far the worst. I will not go into details, but let's just say I had a few crying spells myself. (Did I mention I do not fair well with sick children...). The good thing is the UTI is gone and she is just battling allergies for now. Braden on the other hand has come down with another cold which means more than likely we will he end up with another ear infection and we will make another trip to the doctor.

Besides all the trips to the doctor.....we have been doing pretty good. I am still working part-time and enjoying it. Danny is still employed, but continuing to have weekly shutdowns here and there. He was off the week of Thanksgiving and will be off for three weeks over the holidays. It is not always the best scenario (especially when he's out of vacation time), but we are thankful he still has a job. His company has announced layoffs (1800 people worldwide) scheduled in December and January so we are praying he makes it through. We are taking it day by day. Keep your fingers crossed for us :o)

We had a really nice Thanksgiving at Danny's brothers house. We had a great turnout, everyone from Danny's immediate family was there and when I say everyone I mean EVERYONE (30+ family members). The kids had a blast playing with all their cousins. The family has grown a lot over the last few years with the arrival of five new babies in 2007. Jerry (my step-dad) was also in town visiting from New Mexico. It was nice he could join us since my mom was not able to make it in from Michigan and he was not able to make it up there. It will not be much longer until they are both in one place...looks like my mom will be moving to New Mexico in January. I know we are excited to have them just six hours away!

Anyhow, I am going to wrap this up and get back to my daily duties :o) I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and is doing well.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Yay! Missed the updates... I'm a blog addict. 'Hi, my name is Staci, and I'm addicted to reading other people's blogs.'