UPDATE ALERT: I know it has been awhile; okay it has been a LONG time, but I do promise we are still here, alive and kickin'.
We had a great summer and are glad to be back in a routine. The kids are doing great. Both Brynn and Braden started a Mother's Day Out program in September where Brynn attended school last year. Brynn is happy to be back in school and was really excited to see her friend Callie from last year in her class again this year. She walked in like a pro and I must admit it was a tiny bit sad when I only received was a quick kiss and 'see ya later'. Just one more reminder my baby girl is growing up. As for Braden this is his first year at the MDO and he did exactly what we expected; walked into class bursting with confidence, said hi to everyone, started playing and never once looked-back. Talk about a lump in the throat tear-jerker!
And me, I am still working full-time and trying to find a good balance with all the changes. It has longer than we expected, but we are hanging in there and taking it one day at a time. In August I signed up to take a photography class at our local community college I have wanted to take for years. It feels good to be doing something I love, but it has turned out to be a lot more work and time than anticipated. I have to remember to keep things in perspective. I am really enjoying it and have met some talented individuals. I'll start sharing some photos from my assignments here soon.
Danny is doing well. I know he is ready to get back to work, but he has done a pretty amazing job at home with the kids. Of course, Brynn and Braden love to throw in a challenge every now and then to keep him on his toes. Both kids were sick a few weeks ago (antibiotics, breathing treatments and the whole nine yards) and I know first hand it is not fun when you are dealing with a sick child, let a lone two. Braden's hit the terrible twos and developed a ‘deaf ear, while Brynn has moved into the 'I-will-do-it-my-way-and-only-my-way' fours (is there such a thing?). So he has definitely had his moments and I think it is safe to say, he will be accepting the first decent offer he receives ;o)
We had a great summer and are glad to be back in a routine. The kids are doing great. Both Brynn and Braden started a Mother's Day Out program in September where Brynn attended school last year. Brynn is happy to be back in school and was really excited to see her friend Callie from last year in her class again this year. She walked in like a pro and I must admit it was a tiny bit sad when I only received was a quick kiss and 'see ya later'. Just one more reminder my baby girl is growing up. As for Braden this is his first year at the MDO and he did exactly what we expected; walked into class bursting with confidence, said hi to everyone, started playing and never once looked-back. Talk about a lump in the throat tear-jerker!
And me, I am still working full-time and trying to find a good balance with all the changes. It has longer than we expected, but we are hanging in there and taking it one day at a time. In August I signed up to take a photography class at our local community college I have wanted to take for years. It feels good to be doing something I love, but it has turned out to be a lot more work and time than anticipated. I have to remember to keep things in perspective. I am really enjoying it and have met some talented individuals. I'll start sharing some photos from my assignments here soon.
Danny is doing well. I know he is ready to get back to work, but he has done a pretty amazing job at home with the kids. Of course, Brynn and Braden love to throw in a challenge every now and then to keep him on his toes. Both kids were sick a few weeks ago (antibiotics, breathing treatments and the whole nine yards) and I know first hand it is not fun when you are dealing with a sick child, let a lone two. Braden's hit the terrible twos and developed a ‘deaf ear, while Brynn has moved into the 'I-will-do-it-my-way-and-only-my-way' fours (is there such a thing?). So he has definitely had his moments and I think it is safe to say, he will be accepting the first decent offer he receives ;o)
1 comment:
hello! welcome back to your blog!! i am glad to hear that you are doing well but disapointed that ali edwards class was not menchioned. haha jk.
just got back from co tonight and realized on our way back that i left my phone with my parents. oops. so no phone for a few days if you try to call me.
talk you soon though.
email me!! haha
Post a Comment