Today was a big day for Central Texas and an even bigger day for all the kiddos and adults like me because we actually got snow. As I type this entry I can look out my window and still witness snow flurries falling, they are the big soft snowflakes, the kind that remind me of my childhood up north. Now I am aware the whopping 2.5" we received today is nothing compared to the rest of the country, but for us it is big. I think the last time it "snowed" was back in 2004 (the 2006 flurries don't count) and I was working at Applied and all I could do was witness it through the office window and then later make a 2 hour commute home (that was fun).
Brynn was as excited as I was. I almost did not send her and Braden to school just so we could all stay home and play in it until I realized my kids do not even have hats, gloves, or heavy coats for that matter. Therefore, after I dropped them off at Mother's Day Out I headed to Wal-mart, found a very small section of winter items and purchased a hat and glove set for a bargain price of $3.00.
When I got home, I received the call from the MDO they were doing an early release at noon. Perfect, we have snow, we have gloves and we have hats! Before we even climbed into the car Brynn was asking if we could make a snowman when we got home (she was reading my mind) and when we pulled in the drive my cell phone rang and it was Danny; he too was on his way home to join us in the fun.
We spent the better part of the afternoon out back building a snowman, having snowball fights and just horsing around until Braden decided to take a drive in a large icy puddle of water in the corner of our yard where it is not level. Leave it to him to find the one place he could get into the most trouble and by trouble, I mean soaking-wet-and-freezing-cold-trouble. It was the end of the fun.
Here are a few photos. Enjoy!





2 comments:
I'm so glad Danny got to come home to play! Our snow day sounds much like yours. It's as much for the Daddies and Mommies.
Loved the snow day! The kids were so disappointed when they woke up the next day, though, and I wouldn't let them go out before school to play in the dregs of snow (ice) we had left!
Post a Comment