Saturday, May 29, 2010

I'm back....

Hello there.

Is anyone out there?

I would not blame you if you jumped ship and deleted me from your blog roll; after all, it has been well over a month since my last posting, but no worries I'm back now to catch you up on what we have been doing the past month and a half.

April 16th - Danny's Homecoming.

(This above photo is what happens when you leave your camera on manual mode with a shutter speed of 1/30th of a second trying to catch action.  Nope, it's not clear, but it's a keeper, after all it's the moment I was after.)

Overall, Danny enjoyed his business trip (minus the heat & the plane ride) to Singapore. It rains there everyday and the temperature was in the low 90s with 100% humidity. He said it never cooled down, not even at night.  He did enjoy that Singapore is super clean (no trash anywhere, the fines are outrage), has awesome food, beautiful scenery and very friendly people. Somewhere he would consider traveling back to, only in the winter (if they have a winter?)

Here's a link to the pictures he took while he was there.  Singapore

April 19th - The Beginning of the Whirlwind

Danny took the day off work and we hung out at the house. I started my Week in the Life project from Ali Edwards's blog. The project involves documenting an entire week of your life with photos and words. I made it through the week carrying my camera with me everywhere and documenting our life. I am still in the process of putting everything together, but when I have the album completed I will share it with you. It is definitely something I will do again. I really enjoyed the process and think it will be cool looking back on it several years from now.

April 20th - Braden's Birthday!

Our little boy turned three. We had a small celebration with our family opening gifts and eating ice-cream cake. He got a new bicycle that he was super happy about.



April 23rd - G-ma, Grandpa Jerry and Aunt Erin arrived from out-of-town.

(Brynn and Braden help carry in their bags.)

April 24th - Brynn's Birthday!

Our little girl is five! Another small celebration with family opening gifts and eating chocolate cake with white frosting and pink flowers (her request). She was surprised with her very on cupcake maker.



April 25th - The BIG party!

Another birthday celebration, this time with all our friends and family for both Brynn and Braden at Main Event. This was the first year we have not had their party at our home and the excitement over this party was insane, especially for Brynn.  It is all they talked about the weeks prior to this day. They had a blast and I am so glad we did this and would do it again in a heartbeat (especially since I did not have anything to clean up).





After the party we had a big surprise for Brynn and Braden, but it required a nap first (which there were no complaints about). After their naps, we woke them up and took them to see Disney on Ice, which was awesome. It was geared more towards little girls and Braden figured this out after the first half hour, but they did have a Cars scene he was crazy about (and so was I).  Brynn enjoyed every minute, she kept saying, "Hey, I know this song."


The next week was 'recovery' week, My mom, Jerry and Erin headed back home, Danny started back on a normal work schedule, the kids went back to school and I got caught up on laundry, making room for the new toys and getting our house back in order which only led to the bright idea of having a garage sale. I think it was the fastest I had ever prepared for a garage sale, but in the end it was worth it. It always feels good to purge out the old stuff. Now, if I can just keep the new stuff coming in. ;-)

By now, I have made it to the week of May10th, which is when all the craziness starts at Brynn and Braden's school. There was Splash Day for each of them on two different days, end of year lunch celebrations, Spring Fest, teacher's gifts, class photos and Graduation for Brynn. And let me tell you, I was not prepared for the Graduation ceremony. I was well aware of the fact they would be walking across the stage in their cap and gowns getting their diploma, but I was not prepared for the flash forward that played out in my mind. Sitting there watching how proud she was with the biggest smile ever on her face put me several months into the future watching her walk into her kindergarten class. I am so excited for her, but at the same time, the reality my baby girl is growing up really hit me.  This was her last year home with me.

Our Little Graduate!
May 18th, 2010

May 21st - Headed to Hobbs, MN

Packed up, loaded down (literally) we are headed to my mom and Jerry's for my stepsister, Erin's high school graduation. It's about a seven-hour drive and for the most part the kids did pretty well. After all, this time they did not have any movies to watch. They each had their own personal backpacks packed with items they wanted to bring.

Braden: His drawing board,Leap Frog, a few Thomas the Train books, three matchbox cars (an ambulance, fire truck and police car) and a Thomas the Train motorized train.

Brynn: Her drawing board, a pad of paper with markers, a few coloring books, her baby doll and her Leap Frog.

The scenery is not really much to write home about especially after you pass Brady, TX. Up to that point, you are going through winding hills covered with green trees and wild flowers.  After that it is brown with a few patches of green. Once you pass San Angelo, it becomes flat and brown with the exception of the big blue sky overhead. There is an area in West Texas we go through covered in windmills (pinwheels is what Brynn calls them) that is pretty cool, but after that it is fields of dirt blowing across the highway (literally).





May 23rd - We headed back home. It was a long drive and we got in late.

May 25th - The Tooth Fairy visits our home. Yes, that's right Brynn lost her first tooth. Well, actually, Daddy pulled it out, but it was at the request of our daughter. And if you sitting there with you mouth open, we were to. Apparently, the extremely loose tooth was bothering her and she was agonizing over the fact she might swallow it in her sleep and wanted it out. (Good thing this happened while Danny was here, because I really don't think I would have been able to pull it out).


May 27th - I did a photo shoot for a girlfriend of mine who happens to be a make-up artist. She is working on building her portfolio and asked me to take some pictures for her. It was something new and different for me, so of course I was up for the challenge. It didn't hurt that her client was photogenic.


Well that about sums it up to date. We are glad the weekend is here and we have no big plans. We are just going to stay home, enjoy the sun and use the grill so I have very little dishes to clean. Have a safe and good Memorial Day weekend!

P.S. I will be back, I promise!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

It sounds like y'all have had a busy month. Glad you are back. We should get together and scrap one evening!