Tuesday, May 31, 2011

House Update

Today we are no closer to closing a deal on our house and it is looking more and more as if we may be moving back in.  The previous buyer presented us with a letter of commitment over the weekend asking us to extend their contract with a closing date of June 6th. 

Our realtor advised us not to sign anything until she was able to confirm with their lender their *new* financing was a go.  I got a phone call an hour ago from our realtor telling us we should put the house back on the market and ask for the earnest money.  Ugh.  She said their lender informed her the buyer's commitment letter is contingent on them meeting a number of requirements and stated the soonest they would be able to close (upon meeting all requirements which haven't been met and final loan approval ) would be sometime between June 10th and the 17th. 

We are now sitting on day 58 with these buyers and feel we have wasted too much time with them.  At this point, I am seriously ready to be done.  Patience has never been my strong suit, on top of the displacement of my family and all the extra money spent for nothing, I am not so sure how much more I can endure.  Something is telling me I/we should just be happy with what we have. 

With that said, our realtor wants us to hang in their a little longer.  We are putting the house back on the market and requesting the earnest money in hopes it will make them get their behinds in gear.  After all, they have quiet a bit invested in this too, earnest money and the cost of the inspection and appraisal.  We know they want the house, but we just cannot wait forever.  And at this point, we have to look at what is best for us. 

Keep your fingers crossed for us!

I will keep you posted.