Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sweet Berry Farm

Every year around this time I get asked the question,

"Have you been to the Sweet Berry Farm pumpkin patch in Marble Falls?"

and this year I can finally answer yes. I must admit I never quite understood what all the hoopla was about. I was sure it was just like any other pumpkin patch only a lot further away....like an hour further on a very hilly and curvy two lane road. You know the kind of road you would rather be driving a sports car on, not a gas-guzzling SUV. Anyhow, I figured it was time to check this place out and this past weekend was the perfect weekend since the weather was beautiful and Poppi and Nana (aka my dad and step mom) were visiting from Iowa.

Okay...so not every pumpkin patch is created equal and we are definitely going back next year, but will be arriving when they open. We got there around 10:00 am Saturday morning and an hour later the place was packed. I now understand the invention of the "child leash"; we could have used one for Braden. He has two modes stop and go and we were on the "go" mode the whole time. He was like a dog in an open field (except this field was not open). They had a maze for kids that he would have stayed in all day if we would have let him. He referred to all the pumpkins as balls and tried to pick up any he could get his arms around.

There was no shortage of things for everyone to do; pumpkin painting, mazes, hayrides. face painting, scarecrow stuffing and horse rides, just to name a few. They even had pumpkin pie ice cream. We were limited on what all we could with Brynn still being a little hesitant at trying new things. I was really hoping she would go on a horse ride with me, but nope. Even Nana tried. She likes horses, but only from a distance. One day. She was not into the hayride either since it involved a "loud tractor" (her words, not mine). She did get a butterfly painted on her face which really surprised me and ran through the kid maze. She still had a lot of fun, slowly but surely we will get past her fears (I think it is harder for me than her).

Did I mention the amazing settings for photos? Here are a few photos I managed to sneak in.






1 comment:

Dixie said...

I love these pictures! Especially the one of Braden on the tractor. What a little man!