I don't know about you, but I have never been one who could fall asleep just 'any where'.
I remember in high school being in class looking over at a fellow student next to me and they would be dead asleep. I never understood it, but there they were using their arms as pillows and drooling on their notebooks. Sometimes you would even hear snoring. Call me crazy, but I need comfort (like a bed or couch), a blanket and a pillow before I could even think about sleeping, none the less snoring uninhibitedly.
Don't get me wrong I would love to be able to sleep anywhere and at anytime, but it just does not happen for me. I can't sleep in a car when traveling long distances, long lay-overs at the airport or even when I am flying in a plane. I once flew 15 hours to Japan and I was awake the whole time (and that did not include my 3 hour connecting flight).
I am also not the person who lies down in bed and falls to sleep within minutes. As long as I can remember it has taken me at least 30 minutes or so to wind down once I get in bed. I guess this is why I often find myself talking to myself a lot at night. I'll think my husband is listening until I hear snoring or dead silence when I am expecting an answer to a question. He is one of those people....you know, head hits the pillow and two minutes later he's out. Must be nice.
So now you are probably wondering, why on earth I have become so obsessed with sleep cycles and am giving you my life history regarding my sleep habits. Well....of course there is a reason.
Yep, there she is my lovely daughter at the dinner table tonight. Danny and I are having a conversation and Braden is yelling, "Brynn", "Wake up, Brynn". We both look over and she is dead asleep. Now you know she did not get this from me!
2 comments:
I haven't been able to sleep like that since I was a kid. I do fall asleep right when I lay down, but I have to be in bed, not at the table or in the car or whatever.
Hang in there with the interrupted sleep. You've got a good plan. Stick with it. You could always put her to work cleaning or something when she wakes up in the night:)
Awwww! So cute...
I am totally one of those, 'can sleep anywhere, asleep two minutes after my head hits the pillow' kind of people. I always have been. I even fall asleep at the end of yoga, laying on my yoga mat. ;)
Post a Comment