Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Last night was Braden's first night in his 'big boy' bed. We worked really hard this past weekend getting his room ready for this next chapter of his life. We removed the old carpet, painted his room (including the closet doors and the baseboards.....part of the project list from earlier in the year.), had new carpet installed and moved in the new 'big boy' bed and furniture. We are still working on the decor, getting everything organized and back in the room, but all he cared about was the new car sheets on his bed (it's the little things). They by far surpassed anything else we had done to his room.

I was a little nervous about making this transition. He is our 'on the go kid' and I figured getting him to actually stay in a bed that didn't resemble a cage would be incredibly challenging. He proved us wrong last night and I am an extremely happy mom right now. Now I realize you're probably thinking it is only the first night, but with him usually the 'first' reaction is a good indication on how he will handle the change. I am sure naps will be somewhat of a challenge, (good luck, Dan).

There was a moment of panic last night when I was awaken by Brynn screaming bloody murder at the top of her lungs. It was 12:30 or so and I jumped out of bed and ran to her room only to open her door and find her literally lost in her own bedroom. She also received a 'room makeover' this weekend with freshly painted walls, doors, baseboards, new carpet and new placement of her bed and furniture. All that, combined with the need to go to the bathroom and complete darkness (oops...we forgot the night light) well lets just say.....she had me scared to death. After I got her calmed down and settled back into bed (this time cracking the door and leaving the bathroom light on). I decided to check in on Braden and see how well he was fairing in his new bed. As I got closer to his bed, I realized I did not see him. Okay, so now I am really panicked; he wasn't on the floor, he wasn't in Brynn's room, he wasn't in our room or any other room in the house. All the doors were still locked. Where was he? It took a few minutes and some serious shuffling of the covers, when I finally noticed two little feet poking out at the head of his bed underneath the pillows. He had somehow moved himself to the head of the bed and was lying against the wall with his pillows still in place and completely covering him! I have no clue how he managed that, but I felt really relieved and had to laugh when I found him.

Needless to say.....it was an eventful night in the Boatright household!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Andrew moves all over his bed too! We frequently find him with his head at the foot of the bed. Since there is a bathroom attached to his room we are trying to decide when to remove the gate between his bedroom and bathroom. Prior to installation of the gate, I caught him stripping off his clothes and preparing to climb into the bathtub. The water was on full blast.