My intentions were not to have several days go by until my next post, but it has been an extremely busy week and I have ten minutes to myself before I put the kids to bed, so I thought I'd clear up my cliff-hanger from the last post....
I went to Stonewall, Texas with seven other women for a weekend getaway. We rented a property referred to as the River Cottage sight-un-seen (we are brave women). It was cute little house along a river just outside the Lyndon B Johnson Historical Park and 20 minutes from of Fredericksberg, Texas which was also home to a lama, goats and sheep, a rooster and Fluffy and Precious the two Great Pryenees who guarded the property.
I went to Stonewall, Texas with seven other women for a weekend getaway. We rented a property referred to as the River Cottage sight-un-seen (we are brave women). It was cute little house along a river just outside the Lyndon B Johnson Historical Park and 20 minutes from of Fredericksberg, Texas which was also home to a lama, goats and sheep, a rooster and Fluffy and Precious the two Great Pryenees who guarded the property.
Besides the slightly crazy owner who talked and talked and talked to my friend Stacey and I when we first arrived, the crazy dogs who kept us up all night barking our first night there, the cats on the roof (yep, you heard me...on the roof...the TIN roof), all the farm animals (especially the rooster), the shot gun in the broom closet and no hot water it was a great weekend. We scrapbooked, watched movies, ate, drank wine, checked out Fredericksberg, scrapbooked some more, drank more wine and slept very little.
I can't say it was the most relaxing weekend I have had, but I will say I will do it again. Next time I'll just make sure I ask if there are any farm animals? cats who live on the roof? a crazy lady? and hot water?
At least my company was good, I didn't have to wipe any bottoms and I could say sh*t if I wanted to.
2 comments:
And that last bit is soooo important!
wow still sounded like a blast!! wish i were in texas too...sad. miss you
Post a Comment