Saturday, January 15, 2011

36 @ 36

Whenever I have trouble sleeping, I find myself migrating to the computer.  Although I set out to catch up on my 'blog roll' that typically never happens, because I start clicking on that persons 'blog roll' and pretty soon I find myself reading about some random persons life.  I know it's a little disturbing, but sometimes you come across something interesting like I did on this blog.  It's a 'to-do' list for the year and the number of items on the list is equal to your age.  

Since I liked the idea so much I decided to come up with my own list.  It turns out finding 36 doable items for 2011 was harder than I thought (although I did consider only doing 35, as I will be 35 until November). Anyhow, I did managed to get 36 items listed, now let's see if I can actually complete all 36.

Here's my list for 2011 (items highlighted in yellow, I started at the beginning of the year)
  1. Complete the Twilight Series (I was a late starter...and when I started reading the books I started with the fourth novel since I already saw the first three movies.  Since the fourth book was so good, I decided to read one, two and three. 
  2. Complete Project 365 (a daily documentation of our lives)  
  3. Have a girl's weekend
  4. Take a sewing class
  5. Go back to school
  6. Go camping with family
  7. Visit my grandparents 
  8. Take a trip to Canton, TX
  9. Go to a museum
  10. Complete four scrapbook layouts a month
  11. Organize all my recipes 
  12. See a musical
  13. Use a film camera
  14. Buy a bike
  15. Transfer all my CD's to computer
  16. Scan old photos
  17. Try a new recipe each month
  18. Redo our bedroom
  19. Lose 10 lbs
  20. 30 days of NO eating out
  21. Go to the gym at least 3 days a week
  22. Learn more about God
  23. Join a women's group at church
  24. Do something in Austin on a monthly basis
  25. Sell items to resale shop
  26. Make something old new again
  27. Use my recycle bags
  28. Volunteer more
  29. Learn to create digital papers & elements
  30. Take a class on-line for fun
  31. Create a Shutterfly book of Brynn's artwork
  32. Have a "girls only" outing with Brynn once a month
  33. Spend Less Money
  34. Go to more garage sales
  35. Learn to make body scrubs & soap
  36. Make Handmade gifts for Christmas 
And sticking to my list here is my second week of Project 365. (Click on photo to view larger)


Journaling reads:  [Saturday] Braden is loving his Geo Tracks he received for Christmas.  Everyday he drags them into the living room and builds a new track design.  Daddy helped him with this one and he enjoys using his remote control train on it.  [Sunday] I got the chance to finish a few scrapbook layouts for Brynn’s book.  [Monday]  Brynn in her Girl Scout uniform as we head out the door for her Girl Scout meeting.  She is having a great time being a Girl Scout.   [Tuesday]  Brynn and Braden’s Highlights magazine arrived in the mail today.  Thanks to G-ma for ordering this special monthly treat, the kids love it. [Wednesday]  Braden fighting to stay awake so we can pick Brynn up from school.  He skipped a nap today.  I love how he always has a train or two near by. [Thursday]  We had a surprise movie night for the kids, which meant homework, dinner and baths were all done by 6:30 p.m.  It is amazing what can happen, when Daddy gets out of work early!  The movie was pretty good for a bunch of talking dogs. [Friday]  Daddy sat down on the couch for some ‘web surfing’, but didn’t get very far.

No comments: