I am 24 days into my goal of 30 days of absolutely no eating out and going strong. The challenge began because while balancing our checking account for the month of December I was startled by the number of times we ate out and the amount of money we spent doing it. We are not a family of frequent 'fast food' stops, but it was clear from the checking account we visit (and pick up from) many of the local 'sit down' restaurants. Most of the damaged occurred on weekends and the slap in the face was the dollar amount of $363.27. I know it is ridiculous and I fell like there should have been a really nice dinner in that dollar amount somewhere, but let me assure you there wasn't.
So now, you know why we are doing this and yes, this started as a family challenge. Danny fell off the wagon last Friday when he met up with some old friends. They ended up going out to lunch and believe me he has heard tons of grief (and now I am going a step further to out him on my blog).
I was surprised he gave in and I think it's strange he made it all the way to day 21 and caved. For me the hardest part was the beginning when I was constantly craving Asian food, Freddy's burgers and a wild berry smoothie from Jamba Juice. After the end of the second week it became easier and easier for me. I have already witnessed several positives on this challenge that make me want to keep going.
I'll be back to share the rest of the journey at the end of the month. I am really curious to find out what I will do when this is over....will I run out and grab a burger with a yummy Dr. Pepper (which I also haven't had, since we don't drink cokes at home) or will I be strong enough to continue?
How are you doing with your resolutions?
1 comment:
Resolutions are against my religion. But I am proud of you.
Post a Comment