Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's COLD outside!

It is the first day of February and baby its COLD outside (33° to be exact), definitely a long way from the 80° weather we experienced yesterday.  I am enjoying it though; I even made a special trip to Target this morning after the gym to pick up some hot chocolate and marshmallows to have with Brynn and Braden after school this afternoon.  The only this missing is a fireplace and maybe a little snow.

With January behind us, so is our 30 days of no eating out challenge, which I am proud to say I completed the entire month without cheating once.  I did have a rough day last week when I experienced an unbelievable craving for a Freddy's steakburger, but I resisted. 

I am glad we did this challenge, it changed many things for our family; most noticeable was in the bank account and that alone was motivation for me.  I know I will be thinking a lot more about stopping and grabbing a bite to eat.  A big thing this has forced me to do is really prepare all our meals as well as our snacks.  I find myself shopping completely different at the grocery store and the funny thing is I am using the same budget as I had for groceries before the challenge.  I am enjoying finding new recipes to try and best of all I lost four pounds this month (I know this number would have been higher if Brynn wasn't selling Girl Scout cookies). 

Another bit of exciting news is Brynn has learned to ride her bike without her training wheels.  She is SO proud of this accomplishment and we are so proud of her.  Last Tuesday she asked to take off her training wheels and by Friday, she was riding with no help at all. 


No comments: