Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blind-sided

If Danny had any idea to what he was coming home to today he might have reconsidered coming home at all.

Today....I had one of my days. I am notorious for deciding in a split second to take on a project I have been pondering for months. Sometimes I have the project completely planned out and other times (like today) I dive in and just 'wing it'. The 'wing it' projects are the times I feel sorry for my husband because he ends up completely blind-sided.

So you can imagine how Danny felt today when he walked through our bedroom door and every item from our closet was occupying every inch of the floor, the bed and the tops of our dressers. I know it does not seem possible, but it is true. Our closet has become the dumping grounds for anything without a place in our household and it has been going on way to long. Today became 'THE DAY' I decided to tackle this mess when I could not find something I was looking for.

Not only had I decided to pull everything out of the closet to start fresh, but I also made the executive decision to rip out the built-in shelves put in by the builder. I have never liked these shelves and have wanted to do this for years, but always made do. I have mentioned several times in the past about doing this, but just never gave an exact date. So he kind of knew it was coming, I just don't think he expected it to be now. Lucky for him, he walked in just in time for the demolition. I had already removed all the screws and the support bar; all that needed to be done now was the removal of the actual shelves. It was a good thing he showed up when he did because my approach was completely different than his and would have caused a lot more patch work.

I am off to get spackle, paint, supplies and dinner.....

To be continued.......

3 comments:

Staci said...

Whoa! Have a fun weekend, you crazy girl! ;)

Kris with a K said...

Oh, this is me too! I have a running project list in my head. Every week I write down what I think I can get done. But there is a lot of 'planning' involved...I'll work thru all the details etc in my head, or 'stage' it first (getting parts, supplies, etc all into or near the right place) so that when it is exactly the right time I can dig right in! Always a surprise, and a tad of trepidation, when Joe hears "I have a project for this weekend for us!"

Marcy said...

Are you done yet? At least your timing is better than mine...I started painting our entry and hallways the week after Thanksgiving - who'da thunk that project would've be so huge?