
Not to long ago a photo like this one would never have made the download from my camera, much less posted on my blog.
I can not tell you how many photos have fallen into this category all because I was caught up in 'the rules' of photography. I can tell you I wish I had them all back. There was a lot happening in those photos and just because they were less than 'perfect' did not mean they were not worth keeping. I wish I would have realized that then.
Today I do realize it and I keep all kinds of mishaps, some of them even make 'my favorites' folder. They are perfect "Photoshop playtime" photos and the minute I saw this photo I was immediately drawn to it. It was definitely a keeper.
Sure it is blurred and badly focused, but I could not help but notice the look on Brynn's face. The look behind the blur is her famous 'I have a surprise for you' look. My surprise ~ the flower (or weed). And somehow this blurred photo makes me think of every flower she's given me. I love how the focus is on the flower. I am glad I am breaking the rules, because not to have given this photo a second glance is unthinkable.
So next time you find yourself hitting the delete button on that 'less than perfect photo' think again.
I can not tell you how many photos have fallen into this category all because I was caught up in 'the rules' of photography. I can tell you I wish I had them all back. There was a lot happening in those photos and just because they were less than 'perfect' did not mean they were not worth keeping. I wish I would have realized that then.
Today I do realize it and I keep all kinds of mishaps, some of them even make 'my favorites' folder. They are perfect "Photoshop playtime" photos and the minute I saw this photo I was immediately drawn to it. It was definitely a keeper.
Sure it is blurred and badly focused, but I could not help but notice the look on Brynn's face. The look behind the blur is her famous 'I have a surprise for you' look. My surprise ~ the flower (or weed). And somehow this blurred photo makes me think of every flower she's given me. I love how the focus is on the flower. I am glad I am breaking the rules, because not to have given this photo a second glance is unthinkable.
So next time you find yourself hitting the delete button on that 'less than perfect photo' think again.
3 comments:
I'll be thinking a lot - I have tons of those photos.
Great photo editing - as always
Love it, and the sentiment behind it. Thanks for the reminder! :)
There is no such thing as a weed picked by your child. Everything they pick is a beautiful flower, because it comes from their sweet heart that notices beauty even in weedy things
It is a great picture. I'm glad you didn't delete it
Post a Comment