
This morning we went to pick up Brynn's new lunch box and backpack for school. She will be attending a Mother's Day Out program two days a week starting next Tuesday. She is really excited about going to "school" and having her very own lunch box and backpack. So last week we were in search of the perfect pink lunch box and backpack. Needless to say, we never found them in pink, but we did find a lunch box and backpack in turquoise with pink and white polka-dots. She was so excited they matched, but very disappointed they were not pink. (Who knew this would be so difficult). To satisfy her pink cravings I decided to have her name monogrammed in bright pink on both the lunch box and backpack. She was thrilled.
So today when we picked up the lunch box and backpack she wore it proudly for the ladies in the store. It was not until we got home and she looked closer at them and said "Mommy, who's name is on this" I thought, oh no did we get the wrong one? I looked at the bags and sure enough they both said Brynn on them. I told her it is your name. She replied, "Well, somebody does not know how to write my R and N's." It took me a second, but I realized the bags were monogrammed in lowercase letters. I had to chuckle. She only recognizes her capital letters. So of course to her it looked wrong. So this afternoon we had a lesson about lowercase letters. Her response to the lesson "I am glad there are more letters".
3 comments:
So glad you're blogging! It's definitely a progressive endeavor. There's no pressure but I can't wait to see regular photos of your sweet kids!
Hey girl! Glad to see a fellow blogger on here... Very cute post, by the way :-)
Staci
Way to go Blogger Pro!
Post a Comment