Saturday, September 13, 2008

Okay...so I'll be back meant I'll be back in a few days.

Wow, this past week turned out to be pretty busy around here. I'll start on back on Tuesday when I picked Brynn up from school....

She was so excited to see me and Braden. We were greeted with an ear to ear smile, hugs and kisses. Her teaches had only nice things to say about her. They said she was extremely helpful, easy-going and listens to directions well. That was nice to hear and I was very pleased she behaved so well. On the way home she told us all about her day. She left nothing out (literally). When we got home she crashed out hard. I did not have any nap arguments at all. She had a great first day!

On Brynn's second day of school she had a really nice surprise when she walked into class. Her friend Callie, who is in her dance class is now also in her class at school. They were so excited to see each other. There are 13 children in her class and only five of them (including Brynn) are girls. I am glad she has a friend she already knows in class with her. She is loving school!

Braden on the other hand did not have the best week. He came down with a cold on Monday and it progressively got worse as the week went by. He was so congested he could barely breath. Nothing over-the-counter was working for him and he had not napped once all week. He was miserable and I was going crazy. On Thursday I gave up and took him to the doctor. A week before this cold started he had just finished antibiotics for an ear infection. I thought maybe he had another one. We left the doctors office with a decongestant, but no ear infection. Friday was a nightmare...I think I carried him around all day long. He was so miserable; my heart just broke for him. By late Friday afternoon (isn't that when it always happens) he started running 103.8 fever. Okay...so now I know something is wrong with him. I was able to get a hold of his doctor and she actually called in an antibiotic for him without us having to make a special trip which was nice. Right now as I type he is taking his first nap in almost week! Hopefully he recovers soon. I need my happy go lucky little boy back.

Me...well besides spending my whole week with a sick child, working and doing all my other mommy/housewife duties I have been preparing for a garage sale I was going to have today with several other friends. Hurricane Ike changed our plans. Our weathermen were predicting 100% chance of rain and 30-45 mph winds, not really garage sale weather. We decided to postpone the garage sale until next weekend. Of course with the hurricane shifting a little before making landfall we woke up this morning to no rain and winds around 15-20 mph. I still think we made the right decision. Any wind and garage sales just do not mix well.

I spent most of the morning watching the news about the effects of hurricane Ike. It is so sad. I can not even imagine going through what these people went through. The devastation they must feel. We have friends and family (on Danny's side) that live in the Houston area who did evacuate and are safe. We are praying they are able to return back to there homes and with little or no damage. (We are thinking of you!!)

1 comment:

Dixie said...

I hope THIS week is the smooth week of enjoying one happy (healthy) child while the other one is happy at school for a few hours. Poor little Braden. I hope this antibiotic does the trick. Talk to you soon