Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pink, Purple and Sparkly


Okay, I know what you’re thinking....she posted a picture of her daughter’s hands and feet? And YES, I completely understand you may be questioning my judgment right now, but there is a story here (isn't there always?)

Tonight Brynn asked if I would repaint her finger and toe nails as last weeks sparkly paint was looking in her words "pretty pre-dic-o-lous" (which I’m sure meant 'ridiculous').

So we had a little 'girl time' after her bath tonight. We began with trimming and shaping, leading up to choosing an actual color. I only bring this up because you probably noticed we have two different colors going on; you just have no idea how hard it was to get here. First Brynn wanted pink, no purple and then something sparkly like last week, but not last weeks polish. (For heaven's sake just decide on a color. Why don't we just paint them clear like mommies?).

Finally, I (fighting the words) suggested we paint them with a sparkly pink and a glossy purple nail polish alternating every other finger and toe. I was now the best mommy in the world. She was so thrilled. I even received several I love yous during our painting session.

So after we were finished I of course was planning on this photo for Project 365, I just was not planning on posting it to my blog. Out of the blue, she tells me I should put it on my computer so G-ma (my mom) could see. I knew she was referring to my blog and when I told her maybe we shouldn't she said, "But you put a picture of your radio on there." Wow! She had a point, how could I post a photo of the inside of my car and not her hands and feet?

So here's to Brynn and her beautiful hands and feet!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Hi, Brynn

I love your painted toes and fingers and the colors you chose! Next time G-MA comes to visit you will have to help me paint my fingernails and toes!

Love you!
G-MA

Dixie said...

I love how her first fingers and thumbs are kinda making a heart shape. Did she realize that at the time? Love the polish

Shanda Boatright said...

Dixie,

She didn't, but I did so I hurried and snapped the photo. I love catching little things like that!