I have been waiting for the opportunity to blog about something other than sick kids the past couple days and Mother Nature has provided my chance.
It snowed here today according to Brynn. All she knows is...snow is white. She has no clue of its silence, its lightness, its fluffiness, its softness and its purity, nor is she aware of the feeling as it lands on your skin (can you tell I miss the snow just a tad?). No, quite the contrary...she thinks it sounds like raging bulls running across the roof and boulders being thrown at our windows (okay...maybe not boulders, but you get my point). Brynn thinks hail is snow!
Yes my friends we had a good ole' central Texas 'severe thunder storm'. I think the weather men should have just called it a 'hail storm' warning instead of a thunder storm warning. Luckily I had the TV on and was able to get a least one car in the garage. The other one...well let's just say I am glad its paid for. We had hail ranging from pea to golf ball size and it came down hard and fast. I heard in other parts of town the hail was as large as tennis balls!
Every one here is safe. We will have our roof looked at just to be on the safe side (we have already 'been there done that' with the roof leaking...not fun). Other than Danny's vehicle and several of succulents (I'll cry later) we survived what could have been a lot worse. We pray for the families that weren't so lucky.
It snowed here today according to Brynn. All she knows is...snow is white. She has no clue of its silence, its lightness, its fluffiness, its softness and its purity, nor is she aware of the feeling as it lands on your skin (can you tell I miss the snow just a tad?). No, quite the contrary...she thinks it sounds like raging bulls running across the roof and boulders being thrown at our windows (okay...maybe not boulders, but you get my point). Brynn thinks hail is snow!
Yes my friends we had a good ole' central Texas 'severe thunder storm'. I think the weather men should have just called it a 'hail storm' warning instead of a thunder storm warning. Luckily I had the TV on and was able to get a least one car in the garage. The other one...well let's just say I am glad its paid for. We had hail ranging from pea to golf ball size and it came down hard and fast. I heard in other parts of town the hail was as large as tennis balls!
Every one here is safe. We will have our roof looked at just to be on the safe side (we have already 'been there done that' with the roof leaking...not fun). Other than Danny's vehicle and several of succulents (I'll cry later) we survived what could have been a lot worse. We pray for the families that weren't so lucky.
I thought I would share with you some of the photos I took during and after the storm.
Brynn watching it 'snow'.
Some hail from the backyard
Our backyard
more of the backyard



2 comments:
Given the choice of that kind of 'snow' and the kind you have to shovel to get out of your front door...I'll take Brynn's kind every time. I remember walking off the garage roof into a drift that stopped about 4 inches from the top of it, that covered the van...no, I don't like that kind of snow. The kind that falls and covers everything on the ground and branches and then is gone within 48 hours, that's not so bad:)
Beautiful description of missing snow - I don't think I could have recounted it as splendidly.
Post a Comment