Friday, September 5, 2008

Never say never.....

"My children will never wear shoes/clothing with cartoon characters on them"

Of course those words were spoken before life with children and up until today those words rang true (with the exception of Dora the Explorer pajamas.)

I took Brynn shopping for shoes
this evening (she has literally grown out of every pair she has). We came home with two pairs of tennis shoes. My pick ~ a conservative white pair with a pink stripe. Brynn's pick ~ the Tinkerbell shoes that light up when she walks. As much as I have always been against character shoes, I must say she did choose a pretty conservative pair. (It could have been a lot worse.) Plus when she put them on I could not help but notice the ear to ear smile (a feeling I know all to well). The shoes were in the bag when she realized they lit up when she walked. Before this day she never knew a shoe like this existed! We celebrated by going to McDonald's for Happy Meals!

P.S. Character shoes really are not all that bad....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wait until she's in school with all the other little girls who are into all the character stuff. She will come home telling you that she wants "Hannah Montana" things and "Princess" things..like mine did. Plus, birthday parties for the other girls is when she'll discover that "everyone else is doing it!"
Ha.Ha. Just Wait!!!
Mistin

Dixie said...

You gotta love a girl who loves her shoes!

Debbie said...

This made me smile!