So this past weekend really threw me off with my blog postings. I pretty much lived at work (or at least that's what it felt like).
On Sunday I spent the day at the convention center where our store had a booth for the Bridal Show. It was crazy and I am most certain there were several Bridezillas amongst us as well as a parrot. That's right, the lady directly across from our booth brought a LIVE parrot as part of her 'decor'. (For those of you, who know me well, you know my fear of birds and parrots are BIG birds). I made it through the day with a close eye on that parrot. You could not forget he/she was around because the damn thing squawked all afternoon scaring the living daylights out of potential clients. I am not quite sure what attraction the bird brought to her booth, but I sure as hell would not want him anywhere near my wedding.
I never went to anything like this when I was getting married, but I am thinking some things have seriously changed in the last seven years. We saw several brides walking around with bags, shirts and even jackets with their wedding date plastered in large print across their chest and back. They were embroider, glittered, beaded....you name it we saw it. What is that all about?? Maybe (and I stress the word maybe) it is something that could be worn for a bachelorette party, but really... was it so did not have to ask when the big day was??
Anyhow.....I made it through yesterday and got home just in time to enjoy a story with the kids before bed-time. Danny took the photo yesterday and I was actually in it (very few of these exist). Of course I played around with Photoshop today and created a 'dreamy' effect.
On Sunday I spent the day at the convention center where our store had a booth for the Bridal Show. It was crazy and I am most certain there were several Bridezillas amongst us as well as a parrot. That's right, the lady directly across from our booth brought a LIVE parrot as part of her 'decor'. (For those of you, who know me well, you know my fear of birds and parrots are BIG birds). I made it through the day with a close eye on that parrot. You could not forget he/she was around because the damn thing squawked all afternoon scaring the living daylights out of potential clients. I am not quite sure what attraction the bird brought to her booth, but I sure as hell would not want him anywhere near my wedding.
I never went to anything like this when I was getting married, but I am thinking some things have seriously changed in the last seven years. We saw several brides walking around with bags, shirts and even jackets with their wedding date plastered in large print across their chest and back. They were embroider, glittered, beaded....you name it we saw it. What is that all about?? Maybe (and I stress the word maybe) it is something that could be worn for a bachelorette party, but really... was it so did not have to ask when the big day was??
Anyhow.....I made it through yesterday and got home just in time to enjoy a story with the kids before bed-time. Danny took the photo yesterday and I was actually in it (very few of these exist). Of course I played around with Photoshop today and created a 'dreamy' effect.
3 comments:
Sooo sweet! Don't let those Bridezillas get ya down... I'm sure they'll be invading the store in a couple of days. ;)
Love the picture! You have got to teach me how to use Photoshop (and maybe how to take pictures too...).
Dreamy, indeed.
Post a Comment