Here are my first two completed pages for my December Daily album. I did alittle 'tweaking' to my original Day One page to accomadate the photo I choose to use. I am sure this won't be the only time I do this. It is really nice to have the album made beforehand.
Day One: Welcoming the Advent Calendar
The journaling reads: This is our first year doing an advent calendar and I must admit I am just as excited as Brynn and Braden are about it. I cannot wait to see their faces light up each day as they remove a box containing a special treat for them both. Some days are filled with candy, some with little toys and others with notes about building ginger bread houses, baking cookies, watching Christmas movies and other fun activities I intend for us to do throughout this holiday season. I have always had a hard time getting excited about the holidays living in Texas due to the weather being so warm. I miss so many things about up north this time of year and I am hoping this new tradition will help me focus on what really matters which is being with my family.
Day Two - Decorating the tree
The journaling reads: When Brynn walked in the house after school today and saw the naked Christmas tree in our living, she asked if it was our tree. I told her yes and asked her why she was asking. She responded “don’t you think it’s a little small?” I had to laugh at her comment because it is small. In fact, the last several years I keep making the statement we need to buy a new tree, but every year we keep dragging this same tree down from the attic.
I am not sure what it is about this tree that makes me reluctant to replace it. As she said, it is small, really small. We have more ornaments than it can hold, so I created an ‘ornament rotation’ box. It's pre-lit and can be set up and decorated in less than two hours (how many people can say that?). Therefore, I guess it just works. It also holds a bit of sentimental value since it has been around since the beginning of mine and Danny's marriage.
I am sure some day we will get a bigger tree and maybe even a bigger house and when we do, our little tree can go in an extra room. As for today, it turned out to be the perfect tree to decorate with Brynn and Braden.


1 comment:
I am glad you are posting this. It's nice to keep up with what your doing. I am really enjoying doing my December Daily.
Post a Comment