Amazingly enough I am managing to keep up with my December Daily and still enjoying the process. I think the hardest part for me it figuring out what stories I want to tell. On Day 3, we had several different highlights (and 'low' lights in some cases), so I decided to title it "Noteworthy Happenings". I am sure I will use this a few more times through the album. I hope you are enjoying the posts, I know it is a little different from my normal posts (as well as more frequent).
Day 3 - Nothworthy Happenings
The journaling reads: Today's Noteworthy Happenings (in random order)
1. It's warm outside again.
2. Byrnn completed seven laps in the Silver Shoe walk at her school today!
3. We went to Kerby Lane for dinner. The kids had pancakes, I ate migas and Danny got an avocado cheeseburger. We love Kerby Lane!
4. We went to Target as a family. Brynn and Braden picked out their gifts for the Angel tree at church.
5. Brynn lost a tooth at school today and brought it home in a tiny pink treasure box.
6. Braden got in trouble for peeing on the playground at school.
Day 4 - A Letter to my Kiddos
![]() |
The journaling reads:
Dear Brynn and Braden,
I want to thank you for helping mommy have a better day. The weather we had today is exactly why it has always been so hard for mommy to 'get into' the Christmas spirit. Being that it is December 4th, 76 degrees outside and I literally raked the leaves in our front yard this morning wearing flip-flops kind of makes me sad. I know we live in Texas by choice and I should not complain, but during this time of year, mommy misses living up north. I miss the freezing cold weather that keeps you locked inside for days, the fluffy white snow falling from a perfectly gray sky, the smell of burning fireplaces when you walk outside, but most of all mommy misses having a real reason to drink hot chocolate.
Today you both made me forget about the weather (besides you Brynn, who complained about being hot....I know you would love the snow) and gave me a reason to put my best foot forward. Since daddy was working, we were a team of three, but a powerful three we are. You both were a great big help with helping me pull out the rest of the Christmas decorations. Seeing your little faces light up as we unwrapped them was priceless. Hands down you, Brynn were most excited about finding the outside lights. You love driving through the neighborhoods looking at all the Christmas decorations. You have been asking about decorating our house since the day after Thanksgiving when the neighbors put their lights up and today was the day. We managed to wrap the two trees in the front yard and the column before daddy got home from work to finish the rest. The only thing lacking according to you both is a big blow-up decoration that just might be worth a trip to the store.
Love, Mommy
Day 5 - Family Portriat
The journaling reads: Today was the day for our annual family portrait at Blockhouse Creek. Here is one of the few photos everyone was actually looking in the direction of the camera. It will probably end up on our Christmas cards.



1 comment:
Lovely album and pages. #6 made me laugh out loud. I know it's not supposed to be funny, but I know how little boys are. It's great that you included it in your life happenings. Good or bad, life happens. Great job documenting it. :)
Post a Comment