I am playing a bit of catch up with my December daily project and wanted to get the pages I have completed posted for those of you following. We had a busier than normal weekend since Danny had the entire weekend off.
Day 9 - Quality Work
The journaling reads: When we got home today after picking up Brynn from school, we settled into our usual routine of unloading pack backs, checking for homework and empting her lunch box. Today she quickly pulled a picture out of her folder and held it up for me to see. I could tell she was proud of it, so I immediately told her how well she did staying in the lines and how beautiful her work was. Her response was "I know mom, it is perfect quality work, don't you think?"
Day 10 - Getting out the Christmas cards
The journaling reads: I finally got around to completing our Christmas cards. I am feeling a tad bit behind this year. I ordered 75 cards this year and will be using every one of them. A few years back I started using the 4x8 silmline cards and feel in love with them. It is just the right size to drop a family photo in and add your greeting. In the past, I always added a year-in-review letter with them, but this year the letter didn’t make it in. Maybe I’ll get back to that tradition next year. I know I love getting the yearly reviews from our friends and family who we do not always get to keep up with on a regular basis.
Day 11 - "The New City" & Zilker Tree
The journaling reads: This afternoon we went downtown (or to the “new city” as Braden refers to it) to Zilker Park . We had beautiful weather so we decided to ride the Zilker Zephyr and Braden was in heaven. He loves trains. We also stayed for the lighting of the tree Zilker Christmas tree, an Austin tradition since 1967. This was actually the first time our kids have been to this event and we definitely started a new tradition for our family this year as we all had a great time, not to mention the fantastic kettle corn we ate.



No comments:
Post a Comment