As we are getting closer to Christmas things are getting busier and busier as I am sure many of you are feeling the same way. At the end of this post, I am posting several videos of Braden's Christmas program at school. Ignore the amatuer filming, I was using Danny's camera which I am unfamilier with. They are pretty funny. Enjoy!
Day 12 - Gingerbread House & Picture w/ Me-maw & Papa
Day 13 - Giving Back
Journaling reads: Brynn had Girl Scouts tonight. We met at our regular time, but tonight's meeting was a little different then our past meetings. The girls were having their own little Holiday celebration with special snacks. Brynn was excited about bringing white chocolate covered popcorn with M&M's.
The girls worked on making Christmas cards for recipients of the "Meals on Wheels" program. Their troop leader wanted a project for the holidays to give back to the community and I think this was a wonderful idea for them. They had a blast working on the cards and they turned out so cute.
I have to admit when Brynn first mentioned to me she was interested in joining Girl Scout's I was a little hesitant. I did not know much about what they did or stood for. All I remembered from when I was younger is they wore green dresses covered in patches and you could not have paid me to wear a dress back then.
After speaking to several friends who have daughters in Girl Scout's it sounded like something we should try. Our troop is brand new troop and we currently have eight girls. Three of the girls are actually in Brynn's kindergarten class and that is nice. Byrnn is enjoying the experience and I have learned more about the Girl Scout Organization and really love what they stand for (kind of makes me wish I wasn't such a tomboy growing up). I am glad we get to do this together and am hoping we stick with it for a long time.
Day 14 - Braden's Christmas Program
Journaling reads:
Braden,
Today was the Christmas program at your school. Dressed in the super-cute reindeer t-shirt Ms. Dee and Ms. Julie made for your class you to wear we headed out the door this morning singing Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer.
The Christmas program started at and Daddy was taking a long lunch to be there to see you sing. We had some of the best seats in the house with a table right up front. The first song was Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer and you enjoyed every minute singing your heart out and dancing away, but that is where your excitement ended.
You were not interested in singing the last five songs of the program instead; you choose to sit on the bottom step quietly. You did jump up and twirl around at one point and then asked your teachers several times if it was over yet. I had to chuckle to myself as this whole thing seemed a little painful for you, just as it would have been for me. I do not think choir or musicals are in your future and I actually do not blame you, I am not a huge fan of singing in front of large crowds myself.
You make us laugh little man and we love you dearly.
Love,
Mommy
Here is the first video. Braden is on the bottom row.
Here is the second video...he is sitting down in this one, praying for it to end. Lol! (The little boy next to him is a hoot to watch too. They are so funny at this age).



1 comment:
I love hearing about Braden's concert. We have to get him and Andrew together. Andrew's Christmas concert was on Wednesday and, instead of singing, Andrew chose to dance. It was hysterical.
Post a Comment