Day 6 - Letters to Santa
The journaling reads: Brynn was happy to learn she was going to be writing her letter of Christmas wishes to Santa Claus. Being in Kindergarten this year, she has become obsessed with writing, spelling and learning to read. She wrote her letter to Santa and then proceeded to write Braden's for him. I love how she switched colors for each item listed. I am sure Santa will love these letters.
Day 7 - Charlie Brown Christmas
The journaling reads:
A few nights ago, I was searching the TV guide for holiday shows, specifically looking for Charlie Brown's Christmas and became super excited when I found it on ABC. I knew immediately that we would be planning an evening around this little 30-minute classic. I watched Charlie Brown's Christmas every year when I was little and I wanted to share it with Brynn and Braden. To make the evening extra special for them I made hot chocolate.
At they were front and center on the living floor with mugs in hand, Braden's overflowing with tons of marshmallows while Byrnn kept it simple and took it plain. As we set and watched Charlie Brown's Christmas, Braden immediately wanted to know how old Linus was. When I asked why, he responded, "Because he still sucks his thumb." (I think it was an attempt to justify his thumb sucking since we have been on him about it lately.) Brynn could not believe there was a kid named Pigpen and gasped every time Lucy said the word "stupid."
Danny and I found ourselves laughing more at our kids than anything. They may not have completely understood the message and I know it's not totally "PC" in today's world of children's cartoons, but it is staying on my favorites list.
Day 8 - A down day
The journaling reads: Today was a 'down' day as far as the month of December goes. Braden and I ran a few errands and stopped at Target to pick him up a few pair of jeans. Where else can you find cute jeans for under $10.00? Danny took the day off and volunteered at Brynn's school. Brynn was so excited to have him there.



No comments:
Post a Comment