This morning we woke up to a sheet of ice covering our yard, patio furniture and vehicles, a 2 hour school delay running on the bottom of the TV screen and news of a 20-car-pile-up on one of the toll roads (luckily no one was badly injured). This is typical when we receive 'ice' here. It has taken me many years to understand it is ‘just the way it is’ around here and I have learned to stay off the roads in all circumstances during these times. (Heck, it is crazy enough around here when it rains, why chance it with ice.)
With that said, this morning was a perfect opportunity for my ‘PAD’. So I was the crazy lady in her backyard with my slippers and robe taking pictures of our ‘ice storm’. (It was cold, 27 degrees I believe.)
With that said, this morning was a perfect opportunity for my ‘PAD’. So I was the crazy lady in her backyard with my slippers and robe taking pictures of our ‘ice storm’. (It was cold, 27 degrees I believe.)
I actually don't mind weather like this sparingly (very sparingly), it made me think of when I was a kid. Of course we had 2 feet of snow and 30 below zero temperatures, but it still reminded me of the good ole' days when school was cancelled and we stayed inside all day, played games and drank hot chocolate. It was that kind of day today; the kids and I hung out in our pj's most of the day, watched Barbie Rapunzel, the Cars movie, baked cookies and napped. It was cold outside and we were nice and toasty inside.

3 comments:
I did the same thing (except I was wearing clothes)! Clearly something is wrong with us.
Did you turn on the sprinklers and let the kids run through????
Seriously - nice photos.
sounds like a perfect day. Glad the kids are feeling better. The plague has hit our house, unfortunately. All the boys are sick. Jaylie and I are holding out:)
Post a Comment