Some of you are well aware of Brynn's fear of characters in costume. I am not sure where this comes from, but everyone has assured me it is "normal" for some children. So I have went with it (after all, I have a terrible fear of birds). SO we don't do photos with Santa, the Easter bunny, Chucky Cheese or any other character for that matter, which leads me to wonder if Disney World is in our future. (sniff)
It's not just 'life like' characters that bother her. Last February I went to Kansas City to visit a friend and while I was there we went to the Build-a-Dino (it's like Build-a-bear) store and I purchased the cutest triceratops you have ever seen complete with a jean skirt, pink glitter shirt and leopard print shoes. I just knew Brynn would love it (after all we had been reading stories about dinosaurs for weeks), Boy, was I dead wrong. She screamed at the very sight of it and it took weeks before we could even put it in her room.
Then there was an incident this past summer when we went to a friend's house for lunch. Within minutes of Brynn going upstairs to play with the other children she was screaming at the top of her lungs. All of us mom's take off running upstairs thinking something awful had happened. Turns out that something awful was a stuffed Spiderman doll my friend's son had in his room! Nope, I am not kidding.
These are just two if the numerous stories I can tell you, but it is for REAL....Brynn for whatever reason has issues with characters. We (I) have learned to come to terms with it and am always prepared.
So why was today a BIG day here in our household? I tell you why (okay I'll show you)

These are just two if the numerous stories I can tell you, but it is for REAL....Brynn for whatever reason has issues with characters. We (I) have learned to come to terms with it and am always prepared.
So why was today a BIG day here in our household? I tell you why (okay I'll show you)

Brynn actually put this mask on of Spiderman! (I think that is who it is supposed to be). Evidently, one of the boys in her class celebrated his fourth birthday today and his mom brought "goody" bags for all the kids. Thank heaven for school!
She paraded around the house "scaring" Braden (who laughed and laughed). This is progress people! (Don't worry I won't drag out the Santa suit just yet.)
1 comment:
Love it!!! That is awesome... you go, Brynn :)
Post a Comment